||Control Methods for Robotics
||Dr. G.A. Delgado Lopes
|Contact Hours / Week x/x/x/x:
|Expected prior knowledge:
||Linear algebra, differential equations, some experience programming
||This course covers control methods for various classes of robotic systems such as manipulators and mobile robots (legged and wheeled). The control methodologies presented include:
1. Computed torque control
2. Impedance control
3. Passivity-based control
4. Nonholonomic control
5. Hybrid and supervisory control
Other topics are addressed by guest lecturers:
6. Learning control
7. Distributed control
||After successfully completing this course the student should be able to:
- Define notions of configuration and work spaces
- Identify different classes of robotic systems and associated mathematical models
- Implement motion controllers
- Compare/differentiate control methodologies
- Discuss simulation results
Spong, Hutchinson, Vidyasagar, "Robot Modeling and Control"
Murray, Lee, Sastry, "A Mathematical Introduction to Robotic Manipulation"
Khalil, "Nonlinear Systems"
||30% homework, 70% written exam