The version 2.4 of the LTI System Identificantion Toolbox is recommended with Matlab 7.4 (R2007a) or higher. Although Matlab 7.1, 7.0, 6.5 and 5 should also work (except the compilation of mex-files). The m-files should work on all platforms. The mex-files can be compiled under Windows, OS X and Linux, other platforms have not been checked.
- Download and unzip the LTIToolbox-2.4.zip into a directory. If you upgrade from an older version, first empty the previous directory.
- Run ltisetup to add the directory to the path and compile the mex files.
- Restart Matlab. From the Start button, select Toolboxes > LTI System Identification Toolbox to check that the toolbox is correctly recognized by your system.
- If you upgrade from an earlier version, type rehash toolbox to make sure that Matlab refreshes the function cache.
- Run the m-file ltidemo, to look if the functions are running correctly.